Real Estate Latest Update v3.0.0 Available check whats new in this update.
- Always check our update notes
- Always backup the files and the database, in case something goes wrong with the server you could use the backup to revert to the previous state. For more information on how to backup check the official documentation.
- Do not keep older copies of the theme inside wordpress themes folder
- Reset the cache after you update
Update theme via FTP
- Place your site in maintenance mode, for this you could use a plugin (Kode Coming Soon Plugin.)
- Go to “yoursite/wp-content/themes” folder location and backup your Real Estate theme folder by saving it to your computer, or you can choose to simply delete it. Your content will not be lost but note that if you have modifications on the theme code they will be lost. You have to reapply them after the update is over.
- Connect to your FTP account using Filezilla.
- Inside Filezilla navigate to the wordpress theme directory “yoursite/wp-content/themes”.
- Retrieve the Kode-Property.zip file from your recently ThemeForest download and extract the file to get the updated Kode Property theme folder.
- Drag and drop the new Houzez theme folder into “yoursite/wp-content/themes” and overwrite the existing files.
Update the theme via WordPress
- Deactivate the current Kode Property theme from the Appearance > Themes section by activating a different theme. Once you activate a different theme, delete the Kode Property theme. Don’t worry, your content will not be lost.
- Get the “Kode-Property.zip” file from your new Themeforest download (Installable WordPress file only). If you downloaded the “All Files & Documentation” from Themeforest, then you need to unzip the archive file you received, the Kode-Property.zip will be inside it.
- Go to Appearance > Themes, choose Add New Theme, Upload the kode-property.zip” and click on the “Install Now” button.
- After your upload is finished choose Activate the theme.
Update the Plugins
- Go to ‘Appearance > plugin’, deactivate Kodeforest plugins and delete them. :
2. After you delete them, you’ll see this message :
Click on ‘Begins installing plugins’
3.) Install them and don’t forget to activate too! :